My delayed father’s day present. Looking forward to training in these in the build up to my ironman in July .
Looking for local tradesman who could install a wall mounted TV including a new power socket. Any recommendations?
On finish line waiting on first finisher at Women’s 10km
Anyone planning on getting one of these today?
For all my running friends… a few comments from a finish line photographer
By the time you see me I will have taken your photo… We use telephoto lenses that can zoom in to get individual shots, therefore when you get close to me, it is too late to smile and wave your arms around (you are spoiling other people’s photos). So…
1) Make sure your number is visible, we cannot match you to your photos otherwise
2) Don’t check your watch or else I will get a photo of the top of your head
3) Don’t run behind someone, just because they have been your windbreak for the last 6 miles or their cute bum has got you through the last few miles… give yourself some space to get a full length photo
4) Don’t suddenly sprint, unless you are within a few sec of a PB or dipping below 3hr, 3:30 or another round number.
5) If you are walking, try and get a little jog on just for the photo… no one else will know apart from you and me… and I won’t tell anyone
6) Don’t throw your bottle away which you have been nursing for the last 4 miles… it messes up other people’s photos
7) If you want to finish hand in hand with your partner, running buddy, random stranger who has become your best friend over the last few miles. We will try and get your photo together but we shoot portrait and therefore may not fit you both in (and we are told to get individual photos of everyone).
8) There are other photographers so hopefully one of us will get a good shot
9) Finally, when you see the finishing line, just smile and enjoy your moment, your achievement, your finish!
See you at the finish!
PS I get paid for the event, not by the hour… so get a move on!
A tough first session getting back to swim training for my ironman…only 2 months to go!
Out for an enjoyable run with the clyderunners bees, although some had other ideas of ways to have fun!